Monday, February 2, 2009

Good appointment today

Today's appointment was interesting. I had to get a fetal echocardiogram, which is done at a children's cardio group... So, other than the parents in the waiting room, I was surrounded by kids wondering why a mommy was there without her kid.

Anyhow, the little man is *still* a little man. Other than that, he was moving around so much the the sonographer was getting a little irritated that he wouldn't hold still so she could capture his heart really well. I guess I shouldn't have eaten that banana on the way there?

Eventually she got good tracings and afterward I spoke with the cardiologist. He says that the little man's heart looks perfect, the walls are the right thickness, and he wants to repeat the echo at 32 weeks, just to be sure that the walls of the heart don't get thick (apparently this is something that can happen to babies of diabetics and it's easily treatable during pregnancy but can be a problem after pregnancy).

So, we're good.

I have the detailed 20 week u/s at the perinatologist's office on Thursday. I'm sure I'll get a plethora of pics from there... no pics were available from the cardiologist's office since that's just a temp office and they only have portable equipment there until they move.

0 friends said...:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online