Thursday, February 5, 2009

It's so funny... every time I think that my appointment is all set and going to go smoothly, something crops up that makes it end up not-so-smooth.

Today's appointment was the 20 week check-up with the peri as well as the 20 week u/s scan. At least, that's what I *thought* it was. Apparently when I was there a month ago and the receptionist was making all the appointments for this one as well as the one for last Monday with the fetal echo people, she got confused and forgot to book today's appointment as the check-up *and* u/s. Whoops!

After talking with the peri, she went out and said that they'd be able to move things around and go ahead and do the u/s if I could just wait a few more minutes. That was fine, since I'd brought Troy and PJ along so they could see the baby. :) It did put us over-time to get home and let Kaycee and Shayna in the house, but I guess Kaycee had her key and got themselves in just fine...

The check-up was good, Troy reminded me of a few things to talk to the peri about, and all was good. The peri didn't even say she needed to see me again, so I guess they're done with me and I'm cleared for full OB stuff now... For the u/s we had the crappy technician again, I didn't see the good one there so we were stuck with the crappy one. At least this time she didn't try to force Troy to take PJ out of the room. That drove me crazy the last time... PJ was good, just needed to not ask questions during one part of the scan, other than that all was good.

I love the pictures that I got. :) One is a full profile of baby's face, and the other is a between the legs shot lol. I wish that this tech would have printed out more pictures, there were some great shots of his hands and feet too. Ah well. At least now, we can *really* tell that he's a boy!


5 friends said...:

Ros said...

Those are both great photos - you can really understand what you are looking at (which you can't in many ultrasound photos).
Any chance they'll do a 3-D ultrasound on you this pregnancy?

Keezheekoni said...

As far as I know, no one here does 3D/4D scans as a routine part of pregnancy scanning. However, there are three stand-alone companies that will do them. I'm not sure if I want one done or not, I think it might be cool though. :)

Ros said...

I was lucky when I had Patrick. I switched OBs fairly late in the pregnancy and they wanted to do an ultrasound to see what they were dealing with. The office had just got a brand new 3D/4D ultrasound machine and needed to practise using it, so I excitedly volunteered!

Hey, how long after delivery do you have to watch the gestational diabetes? I want to come over and have that long awaited frap with you and check out the new baby!

Keezheekoni said...

Ros, I'm a T1 diabetic, not a gestational diabetic...so the diabetes never goes away. :) I can have whatever I want to eat (or drink) since I have an insulin pump and can give myself insulin for whatever I need.

So, you're going to come out here at some point??? I'll pay for the round of fraps!!!

Ros said...

ahh sorry for the mix up.. yes. I am coming out to see that baby boy of yours!! ;)


There is a bunch of stuff I need to take care of in WA, in addition to visiting friends and family of course! so I booked a trip for the end of June for a month :D

I really really hope we can catch up!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online