Sunday, February 8, 2009

Troy left me today

Not for real! Sheesh... :) He went off to NH for the week. Nice timing of his company, I think. Today is Tani's birthday (17th!), and he won't be back until Chris's birthday (19th!), which is Friday. Technically, I think with the flight and the drive from the airport he'll be back the day after Chris's birthday but Chris probably won't know that since he's probably going to spend the night out with his friends... :p

So I'm all alone, with the kids, for a week. I see major headaches in my future... Big ones. Ones that don't go away with Tylenol. Actually, it probably won't be too bad, I'm just trying to make Troy feel badly for leaving me a single mother for a week!

I wanted to paint Shayna and PJ's room this weekend. That didn't happen. I wanted to clean my room this weekend, that didn't happen either. I'm finding that when Troy leaves I drop into a bit of a depression...of course, maybe it the weather. Yeah, I'll blame that. The weather sucks here. It's gray, wet, cold. Yeah, I pretty much hate it here. Can you tell?

I have a friend who lives in Australia. I hear that it's somewhere around 114°F these days. I'd be in total love! Except for the power outages, where I'd have to just have to go spend the day at the pool or something. Comparing that temp to our crappy 45°F rainy, overcast weather...yeah, I'd jump a plane to the land of Oz if I could. Of course, I guess it could be worse... I could be living where and auntie of mine does, near Anchorage, AK, which is currently at 14°F. Brrrr! But hey, it's sunny there too! :D Gotta find that gold at the end of the rainbow, no?

I think I'll be okay this week. It's not like I haven't done this before. At least I'm not ready to push a baby out while he's on a trip this time... he's got a few months for that left yet.

2 friends said...:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog! 80s forever! now, as then!
80s mania team

Ros said...

Well our weather has dropped down to 63 here, so in comparison to the 100F+ weather it feels freezing.. so you aren't missing out on a whole lot here - oh and it's been raining for a week.

Hope the week solo-ing it is going better than you hoped. Wishing the kids a happy birthday, too!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online