Monday, December 10, 2007

I want to decorate for Christmas

I want to decorate for Christmas. My house is a disaster area, but getting better. I can't decorate until the house is clean.

We finally got Tania moved up to her new room this weekend. I'm still doing laundry, since all last week I took a break and didn't do any (since I'd already done close to 30 loads the previous week, I figured everyone had enough clothing to last them a week), now I've got all I had to do plus another week's worth. Oh why did I think that was a good idea?!?

Troy's got computers coming out of every corner of the house. This is not a complaint (because he reads this, I don't want him to think I'm complaining!) Actually I find it quite funny. I mean some people collect dolls, some collect trading cards, some collect miniatures, etc. He collects computers, and their parts. He doesn't mean to, and it's really okay. You know how you upgrade something in your computer? What do you do with the parts that you have upgraded? Do you hold onto them? Do you throw them away? Do you try and sell them on craigslist? Nobody really wants your old computer parts, and in our town you're not allowed to throw them away... So, he collects them. A kid needs a computer, I'll betcha that he could throw one (or ten) together with the old parts he has laying around.

I'm not one to talk. I collect stuff too. I collect crap that's useless to the normal population. I mean, how many glucometers does one person need? You want any given model from the last 5 years and I've probably got one. Don't need any of those? Well, I collect mail. Apparently I have a real problem with throwing out all those stupid ads that come in the mail. I let it pile up wherever I read it. I've got piles of paper in places no one needs to have paper in. I'm working on that one. So far, it's not working too well. I think I either need to read the mail right when it comes in the door and toss everything into the recycle bin, or I just need recycle bins in every room of the house. I'm leaning towards the latter, since I'm lazy and don't want to go downstairs when Kaycee brings me the mail and I happen to be upstairs. Since I've been using my laptop, I don't really use my desk anymore. My desk is nice and clean since I'm not at it anymore... Heh.

Can we now talk about kitchen appliances? I collect those too. Why? I have no idea. I don't use half of the ones that I have. It's ridiculous. I just bought a counter-top microwave. Our "above the range" one just blew. We tried living two weeks without it. That was painful. Gourmets we are not. The new microwave came with a free toaster. Cool, eh? Except that I already have a toaster. Well, technically I don't. I have a toaster oven. Now I have a toaster oven and a counter-top toaster. The toaster oven is mounted under a cabinet. The toaster is under the toaster oven. Strange. I know. I can't help it.

Today I will be cleaning out the garden window in the kitchen. I hate that window. It's above the sink. Since people don't know how to keep water and various foods/liquids from splashing out of the sink when depositing the dirty dishes into said sink, the garden window gets sloppy with crumbs, said food/liquid items. It's really disgusting. I want to clean it so that I can dress it for Christmas. I need to contort myself around the sink to actually clean that window...it usually involves almost doing the splits over the sink so that my knees lie on either side of the sink, on the counter. Actually if you put a Twister mat under me while I'm cleaning the sink and wrap it around to the ceiling, well you get the idea of how much of a contortionist one has to be to clean that window.

Troy says that his job for after work today is going to be moving the living room into the front room so that he can then set up the living room as his office. I wouldn't blame him if it doesn't get done though, since I've already made a mess in the living room with all the mail I've been reading. I could be nice and pick it up, since it is my mess. :)

Once the living room and office have been done, then it's on to moving our bedroom downstairs. That's a scary thought. I haven't thought about how much crap there is in my room. I think that Tani's window overlooks the garbage can. I think I'll work with that window open. :) First though, I think I'm going to steam clean the carpet that's in the room we're moving to. Our little dog seems to think that's the perfect place to leave us presents. Damn dog! Hope I can get that smell out...

If all goes according to plan, I should be able to decorate before my mom gets here, after Christmas...

0 friends said...:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online