Wednesday, December 19, 2007

36 hours of hell

Normally I've got a stomach that can handle any amount of bodily fluid that comes out of my kids. I guess I should warn you that this is a post that may be a touch of TMI...

So first goes PJ. She scared herself. It was sad but funny at the same time. It's around 9pm and she doesn't look well. She didn't make it to the potty, poor thing. Troy gets her cleaned up and she lies down in bed with me. We get her a bowl, in case she can't make it to the bathroom again. Unfortunately, the bowl was on the floor and she was on the bed...the freshly laundered sheets got to be freshly laundered again. PJ doesn't like puking. I agree with her, I don't like it either.

Two hours later, Kaycee shows up in our room. She puked on the ladder to her bunkbed. Whoops. Troy gets up to help her, I go in to clean up the puke...apparently my stomach can't handle the smell of puke anymore. I had to leave and make Troy clean it up. Poor guy. What I didn't know at that time was that Troy was about to spew too...

Bed's stripped down, Kaycee and PJ are now lying in my bed. Troy's been relegated to the couch, since PJ's earlier bowl miss was on his side... I'm tossing and turning because every little move the girls make I think it's them getting ready to puke again. At some point overnight, Chris wakes up and is sick as well.

The theory was that PJ, Troy and I had Taco Bell for lunch. Until Chris got sick, we figured it was something in PJ's burrito since Kaycee and Shayna had bites of it after school. I wasn't sick though and Troy was doing a good job of holding it off... When Chris got it, we were worried that something in our house was bad, maybe the milk or butter or something...we didn't know.

I then realized that I was the only one that got a flu shot this year. Tani had the FluMist stuff at school...Chris decided against it. Shayna didn't get a flu shot but she's got a pretty strong immune system. During this 36 hours of hell, Tani, Shayna and I were the only ones not puking. I did get a touch of it, but I never puked. I was just extremely cold and tired, as I did sleep almost all day yesterday and slept well last night.

We seem to be all over it now. Kaycee and Chris stayed home from school since mom always said to keep the kids home a day longer because they tend to get reinfected going out too quickly. Tomorrow starts their 2 week Christmas break. I guess they get to party early. :)

I'm now almost two days behind on my "get the house ready for visitors" task list. I don't know if I'll be able to make up the time.

0 friends said...:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online