Friday, February 22, 2008

I stole Tani!

So I decided that since the kids have this week off of school (weird mid-winter break), I went and stole Tani away from the house and we road tripped it (Greyhound, leave the driving to them!) down to Portland, OR, yesterday. It was a great ride down, and getting around on Portland's transit system is really easy.

Today we're going to Oregon's biggest mall, Lloyd's Center Mall. It's supposed to be huge and have a ton of stores for anyone's tastes. I'm sure we'll have fun spending all of Troy's hard-earned money! :P We had Olive Garden for dinner last night...can you say, "Not on WW program!"?!? Oy, it was difficult to figure out what to eat, but I had a lot of the salad and mostly protein for dinner. The "Mixed Grill" they call it. It was skewers of steak and chicken. Half of the plate was steamed veggies. Yum! I ate half of the meat, none of the potatoes, a lot of the veggies too. I was stuffed!

A surprising coincidence, Tani's BFF is here in Portland this week, visiting her grandma. We're going to meet them at the mall today. It's just so funny. Tani didn't know we were coming here, and I had no idea that her BFF was here... It should be fun seeing how Ash acts when we're not around her "normal" life. :) I thought I'd take the girls to a movie too, so we'll see what her grandma says. It'll take us about 30 mins. to get to the mall from our hotel, the public transit here is great!

Tomorrow we're going to the Portland Diabetes Expo. Troy and I went to it last year and got a ton of freebie pens and a couple of pedometers. I'm hoping that Tani will grab a bunch of freebies for me too. :D

1 friends said...:

Troy said...

Hey Honey! You mean that Tani's getting freebies for *me*, don't you?!? ;-)

BTW, your signature didn't seem to post right. Just thought you might want to know.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online