Wednesday, April 29, 2009

32 week appointment

What a long day! Today's appointments were rather long. I say appointments because I had a 32 week ultrasound, the regular OB appointment, and then I had to drive to another facility and get that follow-up fetal echocardiogram. Whew! I'm exhausted from all the driving.

I guess I'll start with the ultrasound, since it was first. Baby is measuring perfectly, on time, and at a great weight (4#4oz.). I got a blurry picture of one of his feet, but I haven't scanned it in yet. He's too big in there to get any good pictures. The other problem with getting a good picture...he turned breech! Ugh. He's been head down since 20 weeks and now he decides to turn? Geeze kid! Yes, I know that he can turn several more times before he's due, but sheesh! All my kids are stubborn. :) Oh, his heart rate was a nice 144bpm.

The OB appointment was uneventful. We went over the ultrasound and I got my lab results. I'm still anemic, but wasn't told to up my iron pill. I am going to go ahead and do that anyway. My A1c was 5.5%!!! This I wasn't expecting. I'm thinking I'm having a lot of nighttime lows that I'm not waking up for. I'm going to have to be more careful about that. Other than that we didn't really talk about much, except our kids. It's nice to have an OB who has kids that are older like I do. My last OB didn't understand teenagers...this one does!

Then it was off to the children's cardiology clinic. This was for the fetal echocardiogram. Baby's heart looks good, though there's a bit of thickening in the interior part of his heart wall. They think that was an artifact, since his position wasn't cooperating with them... so their advice was that when he's born I should ask for one of the cardiologists to come and do a quick echo on the baby, or when we're discharged just run over to the cardio clinic and have them do it there. No big deal, they just want to make sure that what they saw was an artifact. Really the only thing that the thickening could be is showing a murmur, which I guess is quite common in T1 mom's children. So that's all they'd be looking for. There's nothing really wrong with the baby's heart at all. :)

All in all a good appointment. I'm now going to have weekly non-stress tests along with my OB appointments. I can't believe it's so close! My house is *totally* not ready for a new baby. It's a pig sty and I don't have the nesting-urge going on, which sucks!

0 friends said...:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online