Saturday, April 11, 2009

Somehow I think I started having some nesting urges a bit early here... On Thursday I decided it was time to clean the downstairs bathroom. It's the one that pretty much everyone uses, mostly because it's easiest access, and it's also where the washer/dryer are. There was probably a foot of dirty clothing piled up, and the tops of both the washer and dryer were full of clean clothes that needed to be folded.

The trash was overflowing, I think mainly because everyone forgets that on garbage night, you're actually supposed to go around the house and get *all* of the garbage cans emptied and out to the big can... whatever. It was a mess.

So I cleaned. I scrubbed. I inhaled so many chemicals that I got dizzy and had to open the window (should've done that first, duh!) The only thing I couldn't do was was scrub the floor...the hands and knees thing is quite difficult these days.

I got the place cleaned, and it felt goooooood! However...

Friday I got up and started on laundry, continuing on from the day before, having done about five loads in between the scrubbing. One thing I noted though. Baby wasn't moving. No big deal I thought, I mean all the work must have put him to sleep or something. I went to bed, a little freaked out that I still hadn't felt him move, but knew that everything was probably fine.

So I wake up this morning and still don't feel him moving. So what do I do? I eat a jelly donut. :) He still doesn't move. So I poke him and I shake him (well as best as you can through your belly), poke him some more. I *finally* get a response. A light tap. Not good enough! I poke more, prod more, shake more. Then I wait. I figure that the donut's sugar hasn't hit him yet...meanwhile I'm panicking about maybe I need to go to the ER and get a doppler check on his heart rate.

Fast forward about an hour... this kid won't quit moving! He's hyper in there. All is well. Jelly donut to the rescue! Bad for blood sugars, good for baby moving.

I'm not cleaning anymore!

2 friends said...:

Ros said...

Okay.. reading that SCARED me!! So glad the jelly donut got the little guy moving again..
So now you know jelly donut makes him hyper. Funny.
Why are you doing the cleaning anyway? You need to get those kids of yours cleaning!!
I know - easier said than done if they are anything like mine!!

Ashley said...

I've done much the same. Every now and then my kiddo will be quite, and I down something sugary and jostle her a lot to get her moving. It almost always works too.

I don't know if you have a Meijer out by you, but the Method organic cleaners that are available there are cheaper than conventional stuff, work great, and don't have fumes!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online