Wednesday, April 1, 2009

28 week appointment

I'm so very upset! Baby is in the perfect position for birthing, which means that I can't get a good ultrasound picture to save my life! His face is toward my back and he's sitting cross-legged. Bad boy! Doesn't want mama to see him! :p

He's looking good. Measuring ahead now, at 29w1d (I'm 28w3d today) and is weighing in at 2#11oz. Fluid levels are perfect too. Woohoo!

I got the paperwork for preregistration at the hospital. My OB says that if I haven't gone into labor on my own by 39w1d then we'll induce so that I can definitely get my water birth. I don't like inductions, so I'm going to have a long talk with this little one...hopefully he'll listen! The other reason for induction is my T1, which I discount a bit since I've had full term babies before who weren't huge. We'll see. I may be ready to induce...it'll be June afterall. I'd much rather stay at home and have him in the bathtub, you know?

My OB appointments are now set up for the rest of the pregnancy too. Two weeks apart for the next month, then weekly appointments along with an NST (a requirement for T1 moms). My blood pressure was great, no protein spilling, sugar is good, so all is well.

A rather boring appointment indeed. :)

1 friends said...:

Ros said...

Sounds like everything is going great.
If it does come down to an induction, perhaps your OB can do what mine did with Ben. He gave me just the slightest bit of pitocin - much less than the normal amount. It was enough to trigger me off into labor. I had been induced normally with Nata and it was much harsher! This felt much more natural. You have have had enough babies and will be far enough along that I would imagine your body would know what to do lol so maybe that would work for you too, if they do want to induce?

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online