Thursday, November 29, 2007

Old body, bad posture

My mother was right. If you don't sit up straight, stand straight and tall, you'll be hunched over and have back problems for the rest of your life.

Doing all the laundry over the past few days, I've learned that she was extremely brilliant. I have never stood straight, never sat any way but slouched, and oy! I'm paying for it now... After not having done housework in nearly a year, the laundry I'm doing has amounted to not only a mountain to traverse, but back problems so painful that I feel the only way I'll get any relief is to put myself into some sort of traction! I'm talking the old, torturous kind of traction. The kind where you lie down and have your wrists and ankles bound and the table slowly pulls you apart. I don't know why, but that sort of traction has a certain appeal right now. I must be sick in the head!

I think I've knocked half of my tailbone out of whack. I know that my upper back is permanently out of alignment...my mid-back (opposite the side of the tailbone misplacement) feels like someone is stabbing me with a hot poker. I'm a mess.

I know that our insurance covers chiropractic. I wonder if they cover massage therapy... I could really use a hot tub right about now.

If you've not learned anything from this post, remember that your mother knows everything and she's always right!

1 friends said...:

kitter said...

LOL Rikki... there is a song that leapt into my head reading this, "Mother Knows Best" by Beccy Cole...

It's awesome. Like my mother.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online