Sunday, November 25, 2007

Hoiday breaks

No, I'm not talking how holidays break... I'm talking about holiday breaks, the kind that you get when you're in school. The kind that you sometimes get when you work (if your company is nice enough to be closed on holidays and not open the next day), where you get a nice, long weekend.

We had plans for this weekend. We had planned to move rooms around in the house. No, we weren't going to demolish walls and build new ones. We were going to move people into different rooms. If you know me well, you know that I don't like things to stay the same too long. In the seven years we've owned our house, we've probably moved things around twenty times. When I say "we", I really mean "Troy and the kids"... I supervise. It's a perk. I'm the Mom.

Because I've been sick for the last eleven months, I haven't felt the need to move things around. However, this weekend I found out that my parents are coming up for Christmas. To me, this means I need to have a spotless house. I haven't cleaned in eleven months. I have children who haven't cleaned in that amount of time either...well, they probably have, in fact I know they have, but you couldn't tell by looking right now. One thing about moving things around in the house is that it's an easy way to purge all the crap that's collected in the time since thing were moved last.

I let everyone know on Friday that this was the plan for the holiday break. Meaning we had three days to get what I wanted done, done.

Here I sit. It's Sunday. No one has done a thing. Not true, Troy got rid of some of the trash in his office. The kids, nothing.

I. hate. holiday. breaks.

0 friends said...:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online