Friday, January 16, 2009

So my OB called me this morning

What an interesting conversation. She had apparently gotten a note from the front desk staff letting her know that I requested copies of my records to take with me to the midwifery office next Wednesday. I had arranged with the OB's staff to pick up the records next Tuesday.

Anyhow, Dr. S starts talking about how she doesn't want to lose me as a patient, she wants to make sure I'll be in a good OB's hands, etc. I told her that I'm planning on going to St. Joe's since they allow waterbirths. She seemed okay with that, but really didn't want me to leave her practice. Interesting, since she wouldn't "take" me as a patient until a perinatologist told her it was okay. Sheesh.

I think OBs are getting scared here in WA. Lots of malpractice claims going on, lots of interventions done, tons of c-sections. None of them want you to go into labor on your own, they all want to induce. It's total craziness.

Of course, in order to guarantee myself a waterbirth, I'll probably have to be induced. I hate that, but as long as they only use pit, I'll be fine. Pit works on me, I had it with Tania. I don't want to be induced before 39 weeks though, as I think that's when my babies are best cooked. :)

0 friends said...:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online