Monday, January 5, 2009

It's a...

BOY!!!

Can you tell???

Oh, my goodness! I really had no idea that I could even have a boy anymore... It's been 18 years since my last boy was born. I never in a million years thought that I could have another boy. I mean, all my doctors and I had this theory that Chris (the 18 year-old) made me allergic to testosterone, so all of my miscarriages must have been boys. Guess that theory has now been blown out of the water. Oh, and the baby has caught up in size. He's now only measuring 1 day behind instead of 4-6 days behind.


This is quite exciting, I must say. I get a reason to shop! I don't have anything for a boy... I have some cloth diapers that would work for a boy, but only for infant times, since all my larger cloth diapers are girlie. Though admittedly, I might go back to 'sposies, since they are so much easier (less laundry, really). I have absolutely *no* boy clothes. Even if I still had PJ's infant carrier/car seat, I couldn't use it anymore since it's "expired". Who knew they put expiration dates on car seats?

In other news, my perinatologist is not going to sign off on my shoulder surgery while I'm pregnant. So, it's cortisone shots for me until the baby is about six months old. Then I figure he'll be able to utilize different nursing positions so he doesn't kill my shoulder while it's recovering... of course who am I kidding, I'll probably finally get the surgery when he's in kindergarten! My sugars are doing great. My peri was very impressed! He even said that I can now fax in my numbers instead of coming in to see him every two weeks.

My next appointment with the peri is Feb. 2nd. Then I will be getting a fetal echocardiogram, just to make sure none of those "advanced maternal age" things are hurting the baby's heart. According to the ultrasound today, the heart is beating well, the four chambers look like they're supposed to, and the cord insertion is perfect.

Just heard from a friend that I'm getting a lot of name suggestions for the baby already... I'm going to have to write a list of the greatest here sometime. :)

4 friends said...:

Christine said...

Nope, can't tell. But yay!

Ros said...

What?! A boy.. when you said you were pregnant again, I just pictured another cute little girl to join the clan.. I am well aware of that boy theory.. I am shocked! How VERY exciting!!!
Happy shopping!

Keezheekoni said...

Thanks Ros!

I wish you were still here so we could go shopping together and get some fraps! :D

Ros said...

I KNOW!! If I ever make it back to WA I'll have to meet up with you just so we can go get one! They shut down almost all the Starbucks in Australia several months ago. There are a few remaining ones. Yesterday was the 12 month anniversary of Paul's passing and we went to one of those remaining starbucks in the city. I got myself a lovely big Java chip caramel frappucino.. mmmm and the temp yesterday in Western Sydney was 109F.. the CBD wasn't as hot but it was still hot enough to really appreciate the icy cold frap!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online