Friday, April 18, 2008

Yay! He's going to graduate!!!

It was a rough couple of weeks on me. Long story short, as of two weeks ago the high school wasn't going to allow Chris to graduate because they thought he was credit deficient. Grrr. After numerous calls to the old school district, the new district, the homeschooling people, I finally realized that maybe all the school needed was his homeschooling transcript and that might suffice.

I emailed back and forth with the principal, since the counselor wasn't much help... We made an appointment for this morning, I went in ready for battle. I have now learned that going directly to the top of the food chain is best. The principal looked at the transcript, accepted every credit on there, told the counselor to add everything to Chris's transcript, have Chris take an online 12th grade English (a 3 week task that he needs to meet grad. requirements), and he'll graduate! Woohoo!

Persistence pays off. I swear if the counselor had his way, Chris wouldn't be graduating this year, and that would just suck!

2 friends said...:

Anonymous said...

Okay, seriously. I'm freaking out a little because Chris is graduating and that means we are that much older. It's been too long since we've last talked! Lucky I found you on Ros' blog. Can't wait to read more about you, Troy and the fam. Hugs!

Desiree

Ros said...

Phew.... what a relief!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online