Monday, July 27, 2009

Heat is good

But not when it's mixed with humidity. Ugh. I'm hot, like most people my body is trying to produce sweat. Mix that with humidity and you get sticky.

Being sticky is gross. I hate being sticky. It makes me want to live in the shower, which I can't do unfortunately. I have a baby to feed. Babies don't like cold showers. Okay, I can't technically say that since I haven't brought Quin into a cold shower with me, yet. :D I may try it though! He's making me stickier too... I swear he's a little furnace all on his own. What's the deal with that? Itty bitty baby ... HUGE heat producer.

Isn't there a place to live that's ideal? Like a constant 70F and no humidity? I'd like to move there if anyone has any suggestions...

2 friends said...:

Ros said...

What's funny, is that compared to here (Sydney) WA seemed so DRY to me! I guess it must be pretty humid here. But then I have been to places that are WAY more humid than here as well. Lucky for me I LIKE humidity (at least when it's warm humidity).
I so hear you on the breastfeeding in the heat though - after having 3 summer babies! Sticky is NOT fun at all and I remember how they stick to you. I would cover my belly and arm and everything with clothes and then put the baby on top of that to try to stop them sweating and sticking to me!

Alan said...

I can vouch for Quito, Ecuador! At 10,000 feet above sea level the mean temperature is 75 f. during the day and 55 f. at night. Of course, no humidity at all, and the days are always 12 hours long, all year round. Two seasons...wet and dry.

This year Ecuador was voted by International Living as the best place in the World to retire.

Lived there and ran my own business for 10 years. Should have never left, but will be going back soon after a 26 year absence.

In the meantime I am stuck in the Tampa Bay area, so I can relate to heat and humidity!

My wife would agree about the heat, as our third son was raised in the sweltering heat of the Dallas-Ft. Worth area before going back to Ecuador.

Another good thing about Ecuador.... maids! Nuff said.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online