Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Prenatal check-up today

Today was my 15w2d appointment. Everything went well. The baby's heart tones are good, though I forgot to ask what the heart rate was. My OB has cleared me for the shoulder surgery that I need. She would like it to happen in the next month. The only caveat she had was that there needs to be an OB around before and after the surgery to monitor the baby. I will be seeing my perinatologist on Monday (I think) and will ask if he'll be around, or has someone he can recommend. The only reason my OB can't do it is because the surgery is going to be at Valley Medical instead of Highline. My OB doesn't have privileges at Valley.

My BGs have all been in the range that they want... less than 95 mg/dL fasting, and less than 120 mg/dL 2 hrs. post-prandial. I'm thinking my A1c is going to be in the low 5s this time around. :)

We talked a bit about this new progesterone shot that's out, that seems to help out with preventing preterm labor. My insurance covers it, so my OB wants me to do it. I'll be calling my "case manager" at UHC to let her know that my OB ok's the shot. Basically from 24w to 34w a nurse will come to my house and give me a shot once a week. My OB doesn't believe I'll need it, but because of the clotting issues that I have inherited, it's a good thing anyhow. Since my insurance happens to be one of the only who cover it, my OB says that it won't hurt so I might as well get it.

I am frustrated that no midwives will care for me here in WA. They're all scared of T1s. I'd really like to have a homebirth this time around...

0 friends said...:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online