Wednesday, March 11, 2009

25 week appointment

My blood pressure was great, which I was surprised about because I left my house late and got to my appointment about one minute before it was scheduled. Whew!

I have to say, I just love my OB. I'm totally comfortable with her if my plan of having an unassisted homebirth goes down the tubes... She told me today that she'd definitely be there for me if I want a waterbirth in the hospital, that if I go into labor and make it to the hospital in-time, that even if she's not on call, she'll come in. Woohoo! Of course, she'd prefer to induce me just after 39 weeks, but we'll see how everything goes. For now, I'm good with doing a UC.

The baby is looking great. He's still head down, starting to kick me in the ribs every now and again. His heart rate was 155bpm and strong.

I've gained 2 pounds, so that means I'm now at -4 pounds for this pregnancy. I'm expecting I'll gain another 10 by the time he comes. At my next appointment (on our 11th wedding anniversary!) I'll be getting an ultrasound done before my OB appointment. They like to start checking the fluid level and baby measurements monthly at 28 weeks. I believe that I'll have one more 3 week appointment after that and then it'll go to every 2 weeks.

Also at the next appointment she'll give me all the information for the hospital, getting pre-registered and taking a tour and such. I think I'll do all of that, just in case I don't end up UCing.

1 friends said...:

Ros said...

The OB sounds great. Which hospital is it?

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online